Welcome to Localized™!
When you register for an account on our Services, you will be able to interact with other users and institutions, exchange knowledge, skills and insights, share content and learn about opportunities. Some of the content available on our Services is visible to any person that visits our Site and some content is available only if you register for a user account for our Services. Your privacy is very important to us and we take steps to protect personal information you share with us while using the Services.
Our Services are not intended to be used by children younger than 13 years of age. If you are younger than 13, you may not use our Services. If you are at least 13 years of age but under than the age of majority in your place of residence, you may use the Services only with the permission and supervision of your parent or legal guardian. Your parent or legal guardian will be responsible for your activities using the Services and agreeing to our Terms of Services on your behalf.
We have implemented security measures designed to secure the personal information that you provide us. Passwords are encrypted, and all communications exchanged between you and our servers are protected by SSL encryption. We may change or add new security measures from time to time, as we deem appropriate. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot control the actions of other Localized users with whom you may choose to share information.
However, please be aware that we do not have anti-virus scanning technology on our Services, and it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks, and to download content posted on our Services with caution.
2. What kinds of information do we collect?
The information we collect allows us to personalize and improve your experience on Localized. We may collect information in the following ways:
Information You Provide to Us:
- You may register for a user account for our Services by visiting our Site. You may also receive an invitation to register for a user account from an institution, including a nonprofit, refugee association, university, college or company (collectively, “Institutions”). If you register for a user account, we will ask you to provide personal information, including your full name, email address, and a password. If you are registering on behalf of your Institution, we will also ask you to provide the Institution’s logo, the URL link to your official website, a description of the Institution and other information about the Institution. You may also provide your geographical affinities, languages spoken, photos, links to social media accounts, interests and work history for your user profile. A user account is required if you choose to teach, learn, or otherwise share knowledge and guidance on Localized. By creating an account, for yourself or on behalf of an Institution, your user profile will be publicly visible to visitors to our Site and other registered users of our Services. Any information shared in your profile page, “public” channels or other public sections of our Services will be publicly visible to other visitors and users of our Services.
- If you create or join a public or private channel on our Services (a “Channel”), we will ask you to provide a title, description and other information about the Channel. You and other users of the Channel will be able to share information and content within the Channel, such as text, images and videos. Depending on which of our Services you use, you may choose the audience who can see what you share and communicate. For example, if you are participating in a “private” Channel, information and content for that Channel will be visible only to us and to other users of that Channel, and will not be publicly visible to other visitors or users who have not been invited to participate in the Channel. If you share information with other users using our messaging functions, only those users who have access to that Channel will be able to view that information.
- If you create a user account upon invitation from your Institution or as a sponsor Institution, information about your Institution, including its logo and description, will be visible on our Services. In addition, your user account will be identified as part of your Institution’s network on our Services with other students, employees or members associated with your Institution. If you are joining our Services as a Registered User upon invitation from your Institution, such as its students, employees, or members, you will be identified as part of your Institution’s network. Information that you provide on our Services and the Channels in which you participate will be visible within your Institution’s network on our Services.
Information We Collect from Your Use of the Services:
- We may collect additional information about how and when you use the Services through our web servers and other technologies, including log in history and IP addresses. We may use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to collect IP addresses and location information.
3. How do we use this information?
- We use the personal information you share with us to provide and maintain the Services, develop and offer improved and new Services and to protect you, other users and Localized.
- We use the information you share with us to send you communications, including communicating with you about our Services, responding to messages that you send us, offering surveys and sharing updates to our policies.
- We use information we collect to enhance the safety, security, and property on and off our Services, which includes enforcing our terms and policies or investigating fraud and other types of suspicious activity.
- We use information that we collect from you to understand how you use and interact with our Services, including the users, visitors, Channels and Institutions you’re connected to and interested in, to deliver our Services, personalize content, and make recommendations for you.
- We use information that we collect from you to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer, improve and enhance our Services, to offer content that may be of interest to you, to aggregate statistics about our Services and to analyze traffic user patterns on our site for traffic to our Services, uses of our Services and email communications.
- We use the location information we collect from you to generate insights and tailor our Services for you and others, to research, evaluate and improve our Services, and develop new products and services.
4. How is this information shared?
We will disclose personal information you share with us with third parties only in any of the following circumstances: (1) with your consent; (2) where it is necessary to carry out your instructions; (3) to provide our features and functionality to you and to enhance our features and functionality; (4) when we reasonably believe it is required by law, subpoena or other legal process; (5) if we undergo a change of control, or other corporate transaction or bankruptcy; or (6) to enforce our Terms of Service or protect the rights, property, or safety of Localized, our other users, visitors, and the public.
In the future, if we provide advertisements, we will want the advertising content that you see and engage with on our Services to be relevant to you. We may use the information we collect to deliver targeted advertisements to you and to display advertisements to our advertiser partners’ target audiences. We may also provide our advertiser partners with measurement and analytics information, such as the effectiveness of their advertising on our Services, in a manner that is aggregated or anonymized.
We may disclose your personal information in response to a legal request when requested by law enforcement or government officials in any applicable jurisdiction worldwide, or when we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
We may also disclose information when we have good faith belief it is necessary to enforce our Terms of Service and any third-party claims or allegations, detect and address fraud and other security concerns, and to protect the rights, property, and safety of our Services, registered users, visitors and others.
We may disclose aggregated information and information that does not identify any individual without restriction, including for business or research purposes.
We may transfer or assign the information we have collected from you to a third party if we undergo a change of control or other corporate transaction, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of our business or assets. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
We do not rent or sell personal information that you provide or that we collect from you to third parties.
5. How can I manage information about myself?
The Channel you participate in is generally publically available to registered users logged into our Services, although you have the ability to change the settings to limit access to these areas. For example, if you choose to sign up for a free Localized account, you may have a profile page on the site, containing your full name and some basic information including your work history, geographic affinities, and memberships. You may also add additional optional information to your profile. Any information you choose to provide as part of your profile should reflect how much you want other registered users and visitors to know about you. We recommend that you guard your privacy and sensitive information and we encourage you to think carefully about what information you share in your profile page. You can review and revise the information you share on your profile at any time.
6. Important Information
The protection and security of your information is important to us. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information transmitted to or using our Services.
7. How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
9. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this policy, here’s how you can reach us: email@example.com.
© Localized, Inc. 2017